We warmly welcome all guests who understand, and wish to be part of, the concept of a private home stay with a ‘’family’’ atmosphere.
As a home stay we apply a slightly different reservation policy than you might expect from a hotel.
1. General Information
Confirmation of your reservation is subject to availability of the room and is done on a ‘’first come first served basis. We update our web page ‘’Availability’’ once a day and therefore, although the dates may seem available, we may have received email enquiries/reservations before yours, which have not yet been entered.
We promise to respond to your enquiry or reservation within 48 hours of receipt and we are really committed to that. If you do not get a response within 48 hours, it is very likely we did not receive your email. Kindly send it again. If you need a faster response, we suggest you call us instead, or request for an urgent email reply.
Reservations are subject to our reservation and cancellation policies.
We reserve the right of admission.
2. One-Night Reservations:
1. We do not take one-night reservations when a guest arrives after 7 PM on the night of the reservation AND/OR leaves before 7 AM the next morning.
In principal we only take reservations for two nights or more. However, we will accept one-night reservations (except as mentioned in Clause 1) under the following circumstances:
2. If the one-night reservation immediately precedes or follows an existing reservation, and it does not prevent longer-term reservations being accepted, we will confirm your reservation within 48 hours of receipt, if the room is available.
3. If the one-night reservation request possibly prevents longer-term reservations around the same period, we can only confirm your reservation four days before the date of arrival. IF a longer-term reservation is received before the four-day deadline, we will inform you immediately of the cancellation of your reservation and assist you by recommending other accommodation. We do not make reservations elsewhere on your behalf.
4. We reserve the right to move you to a different room after confirmation of your one- night reservation, if this facilitates a longer-term reservation. In such cases (which are very rare), you would never be charged more than the rate for the room you originally reserved. If it is a cheaper room, you would be charged the lesser rate.
We do not require payments for one-night reservations until we have confirmed them. Once we have confirmed your reservation, you are required to make payment in full before arrival (see Reservation Confirmation and Payment).
3. All Other Reservations
All other reservations are subject to the “Reservation Confirmation and Payment’’ Clause.
4. Reservation Confirmation and Payment
Upon receipt of your filled out reservation form, we will acknowledge your reservation subject to availability. Upon receipt of our acknowledgement, your reservation will be confirmed subject to the following:
a) International Reservations
|1-4 nights :||100% payment in advance within 5 days of our reservation acknowledgement|
|5-14 nights :||50% deposit in advance within 5 days of our reservation acknowledgement
50% balance at least 15 days before date of arrival
100% payment is required if you make a reservation within 15 days of arrival
|15-30 nights:||50% deposit in advance within 5 days of our reservation acknowledgement
50% balance at least 45 days before date of arrival
100% payment is required if you make a reservation within 45 days of arrival
|Over 30 nights:||payment terms on a case basis|
b) Local (Kenya) Reservations:
As above, but first payments must be received within 3 days of reservation acknowledgement.
We accept cash, Kenyan personal/company cheques and bank transfers. We do not take credit cards. Cash US$ notes must be printed after 2000, as banks do not accept older notes.
Costs of transfer are for the sender. State amount and currency sent, and name of guest.
You may pay the full amount in one go if you wish to avoid double transfer costs.
Your reservation will be automatically cancelled, if any one the above deadlines are not met. We will not send you a reminder email, so ensure you communicate when you have sent the payment. You will receive a confirmation of receipt of any deposits made. Upon cancellation due to non-payment or as per our cancellation policy, any money returned to you will be subject to US$ 25 administration cost for international transfers and Ksh 500 for local payments.